How can you make the thought of moving home/office as stress free as possible?
- Is the thought of moving overwhelming?
- Has your estate agent advised making changes before going on the market?
- Are you downsizing and needing to make some difficult decisions about what to take and what to leave behind?
- Would you like to pack systematically so you can find everything when you get there?
- Would you prefer to take only what you want and need to your new workspace or home?
- Add up all the aspects of moving on the Holmes & Rahe stress scale – it’s a tough process to go through alone
Moving can be distressing and exhausting. It’s useful to have an ally to help with the planning and logistics as well as the practical stuff. You can use me as your professional throughout the whole process or for parts of it.
together we can:
- Plan and organise your move so there is clarity about what needs to get done, by when and by whom
- Prepare your current space to look inviting on the Estate Agent’s website
- Organise your current space so everything is easier to pack
- Set up systems for packing and labelling so all your boxes end up in the right room and you’ll know where to find your kettle, corkscrew and bedding
- Make sure you are left in your new home on day one looking forward to the morning
- Unpack and find the right home for your possessions
Remember: Having someone on your side can ease the burden and stress of the whole moving process – and even make it fun.
Read me being interviewed on how hiring a professional organiser can help with a house move.
“Dear Caroline, I just wanted to write to say a massive and heartfelt “thank you” for all your hard work in helping me sort out my flat. As you know, I had such a sense of complete overwhelm regarding all the junk I had accumulated, especially since the death of my mother, I didn’t know where to start, and felt deeply ashamed of letting things, literally “get on top of me”. I couldn’t move for the piles of clothes, paper and general “stuff” that covered the floor entirely. It was deeply depressing and getting me down, yet I felt stuck and unable to tackle any of it on my own.”
– K, london N5
sign up to Room to Think and receive a free guide to creating self-identity at home
be inspired – make your home feel more like you
Room to Think is a registered UK trade mark of Caroline Rogers
© 2013-2023 Caroline Rogers
accredited member of the Association of Declutterers and Organisers