Room to Think is collaborative, confidential and client led.
What this means is that we work together. My role is to act as your ‘professional ally’ in completing a specific task. We work at your pace. It generally goes along the following lines:
- You email me – firstname.lastname@example.org – with your phone number and we arrange an informal chat. If you’re local, this might be face to face. We’ll talk about what led you to contact me. I don’t charge for this initial consultation.
- At that point you may want to go straight to point 3 or you may want time to think.
- We agree a date or dates, fee and invoicing structure. Some clients like me to come for a day or half-day a week/month, others prefer a trial run or one-off session.
- We decide whether we’re going to work together online, in person or a mix of both (It can be helpful to have online accountability /check in time between face to face sessions.
- I’ll send you the Room to Think “Questions to Consider Before we Start”. These questions for you to ponder to make the time and money you’ve set aside for our first session as valuable as possible.
- Our first (or only) session begins with a chat in your space, using your responses to the Questions as a basis.. I’ll listen to you, ask questions to check my understanding and we’ll agree what we’re going to do that day.
- We’ll agree ground rules to help us work together more effectively. I have some I work with, you may have some to add:
– The work we do together is confidential and at your pace
– We work together throughout the time I am with you
– We continue to review and revise how we are working together
– I will not keep any of your belongings for myself
- If we haven’t already worked together, I may have a few more questions about what I can do to make our time together more effective or fun. We’ll agree what breaks we’re going to take and when.
- We work through the task together. Check out the pages under the ‘services’ header in the task bar above to see the kinds of things I can help with.
- We review what’s worked well and what we could improve before we say goodbye.
“Caroline was the enzyme who helped me make difficult changes happen, where I had been ‘stuck’ for years. I felt she understood and appreciated me, the family and where we had come from.”
– J, london
accredited member of the Association of Declutterers and Organisers