Room to Think is collaborative, confidential and client led.
What this means is that we work together. My role is to act as your ‘professional ally’ in completing a specific task. We work at your pace. It generally goes along the following lines:
- You email me – firstname.lastname@example.org – with your phone number and we arrange an informal chat. If you’re local, this might be face to face. We’ll talk about what led you to contact me. I don’t charge for this initial consultation.
- At that point you may want to go straight to point 3 or you may want time to think.
- We agree a date or dates, fee and invoicing structure. Some clients like me to come for a day or half-day a week/month, others prefer a trial run or one-off session. If I’m going to be with you over lunchtime, we’ll discuss how to organise this.
- When I arrive for our first (or only) session we’ll begin with a chat in your space. I’ll listen to you, ask questions to check my understanding and we’ll agree what we’re going to do that day.
- We’ll agree ground rules to help us work together more effectively. I have some I work with, you may have some to add:
– The work we do together is confidential and at your pace
– We work together throughout the time I am with you
– We continue to review and revise how we are working together
– I will not keep any of your belongings for myself
- If we haven’t already worked together, I may have a few more questions about what I can do to make our time together more effective or fun. We’ll agree what breaks we’re going to take and when.
- We work through the task together. Check out the pages under the ‘services’ header in the task bar above to see the kinds of things I can help with.
- We’ll stop 15-30 minutes before I’m due to leave and discuss what’s worked well and what would make it better.
- If you’d like to, we can agree a date and time for a phone check-in a week or so after our work together.
“Caroline was the enzyme who helped me make difficult changes happen, where I had been ‘stuck’ for years. I felt she understood and appreciated me, the family and where we had come from.”
– J, london
accredited member of the Association of Declutterers and Organisers